Developing Literacy and Numeracy through Outdoor Learning, Mon 3 July 2017
There are so many ways to integrate outdoor learning into your curriculum, and the benefits to your pupils are endless.
- When: Mon 3 July 2017, 09:00 – 15:30
- Where: Lodge Hill, Pulborough, RH20 1LZ
- Tickets: £25 (£17.40 for Muddy Academy Members)
Workshops and presentations include:
- How nature play and outdoor learning can be used to achieve EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2 Curriculum outcomes
- How outdoor learning can demonstrate best practice to Ofsted.
- Embedding outdoor learning in a curriculum.
- Use and develop school grounds for learning and play
- Sustainable schools workshop
- Forest school workshops
- Literacy, numeracy and history out of the classroom
The conference will include a wide choice of workshops, with 3 workshop sessions, 2 key note speakers, an expert panel Q&A session, and a marketplace with outdoor learning partners.
Workshop providers include:
- Muddy Puddles
- Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Martin Pace from Reflections Nursery,
- The Weald and Downland Museum
- Arundel WWT
- Sussex Green Living
and others too, with a key note speech from Helen Martin from Duncton and Graffham Schools, West Sussex.
Tickets include lunch, refreshments and a free raffle entry to win half day of activities for a group of 12 at Lodge Hill Outdoor Centre.