Our friends at Cooking Them Healthy are back with more family friendly, tasty treats! Up next, some lovely Lamb, Feta & Mint Burgers…
“Perfect for springtime, this lamb recipe is seasonal and delicious. These little burgers are ideal for both you and your children. They are full of flavour and, as per all our recipes, they really don’t take long to make. Little ones will enjoy helping shape the burgers too! Lamb is lower in saturated fat than beef, and as feta is a sheep’s milk cheese it is often better tolerated for those who are sensitive to dairy. These would be delicious served with sweet potato wedges and some green veg, and perhaps with a lovely minty tzatziki.
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 tsp cumin
- Generous handful fresh mint
- 100g feta
- ¼ zest of a lemon (optional)
- Place your mince into a bowl and crumble over the feta. I would crumble it quite small as large lumps can be too salty.
- Add in the cumin and lemon zest, chop up your mint and combine all. Season with some pepper.
- Shape into burgers.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and when warm add in some burgers. (Don’t overcrowd the pan as it will prevent it from getting a nice golden brown colour.) Cook for 4 -5 minutes per side or until cooked through. (If unsure, just cut into the thickest looking one and check).